Determined to make our own, I set out on the internet searching for recipes that would work. I found on the works that best at Clean Green Simple . We have adapted this recipe over the months refining it to our own personal tastes and special flavorings.
With all the basil we had last week, I thought some delicious basil mayo would be a great way to add some summery kick to our ordinary mayo. You will need a powerful blender or food processor to get this to mix well.
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened soy milk (homemade works great here!)
- 1 cup of expeller-pressed non-GMO Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or 1-2 tbsp basil that has been preserved in oil
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- A pinch of salt (I find 1/8 tsp usually works best for me)
- Add the milk, oil and basil to your blender and blend on high for several minutes until well mixed.
- While the blender is on low, sprinkle on the salt and add the lemon juice slowly.
- Finally, turn the blender back on high and allow the remaining ingredients to mix.
- Put your final project in an old mayo jar or small container. Will keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
What are your favorite things to make from scratch?
This was apart of: